Canvas Family Guide
Hillsborough County Public Schools is proud to announce the release of the Canvas Family Guide. This guide provides parents and guardians with helpful information for using Canvas to support and monitor student academic progress. Canvas is the District's new learning management system (LMS) and will replace Edsby. A Learning Management System (LMS) simplifies teaching and learning by connecting the digital tools teachers, students, and parents use in one place. This guide has been created for parents and guardians and includes information about the Canvas Learning Management System and general instructions for using Canvas as a parent/observer. Canvas provides a variety of benefits for our teachers, students, and parents which are mentioned below:
Teachers will use Canvas to:
• Receive and grade student assignments, discussions, and quizzes.
• Easily align assignments and rubrics to standards and learning objectives.
• Provide students with written, audio, or video feedback and multiple revision/submission opportunities.
• Organize all work and course-related events into one, drag-and-drop calendar.
Push course notifications to students via email and text.
Students will use Canvas to:
• Access class materials (calendar, assignments, quizzes, etc.) online using any device or any browser.
• Track their progress through ongoing teacher feedback tools.
• Receive course announcements, grade notifications, etc. instantaneously on their preferred device(s).
Easily collaborate with peers and teachers.
Parents can use Canvas to:
• Review upcoming or past assignments
• Check on grades
• Receive alerts for student activity
Communicate with teachers
By engaging in the modules found in the Canvas Family Guide, the potential for parents to participate in their children's education dramatically improves. Parents will be able to increase their knowledge of Canvas by navigating through the following modules:
• Creating an Account & Logging In
• Exploring Your Dashboard
• Communicating with Teachers
• Monitoring Student Progress
• Using iOS Canvas Parent App
Using the Android Canvas Parent App
Again, I am excited about the launch of our Canvas Learning Management System. To access the Canvas Family Guide, please click one of the following links: [ https://sdhc.instructure.com/courses/3146 ]https://sdhc.instructure.com/courses/3146 or [ https://bit.ly/canvasfamilyguide ]https://bit.ly/canvasfamilyguide. If you have any questions about Canvas, please reach out to Troy Suarez([ mailto:email@example.com ]firstname.lastname@example.org) or Chris Holt ([ mailto:email@example.com ]firstname.lastname@example.org).