January 27, 2021
January 28, 2021
January 29, 2021
February 2, 2021
February 3, 2021
February 4, 2021
February 5, 2021
From Mr. Basham, Rodgers MMS Principal -
1/11/2021 Rodgers Community, Tuesday, January 19th is the first day of 2nd Semester. Here are a few items to be aware of as we begin the new term:
1. Students will report to their Homeroom (HR) first on Tuesday where they will receive a new copy of their schedule. Faculty and Staff will be available to assist students who do not know where their HR is located on campus.
2. We will be balancing classes as some of our eLearners return to campus this day. Some current students will receive schedule changes in an effort to meet the State's Class Size Amendment.
3. Please review the Student Handbook prior to beginning 2nd Semester. We will be holding Grade Level meetings with students to review policies and procedures. It is important that everyone understand what is expected of members of the Rodgers Community.
4. Finally, please have conversations about the importance of students being focused on their learning while on campus. Middle school establishes the foundation for the courses and State-mandated tests that students must pass when they are Freshmen and Sophmores in High School. Students who do not learn these foundational concepts while at Rodgers not only run the risk of failing their classes here, but also having to take remedial classes once they do meet HS admission requirements.
1/4/2021 Rodgers Community, I hope everyone enjoyed a chance to relax and spend some time with loved ones. As we return to school, I want to direct your attention to some important information.
1. Please continue to check our school website for important information and updates. This should be your first stop to find answers to questions you might have or find the contact information for the membes of our staff who can assist you.
2. E-learners returning to Brick & Mortar for 2nd semester return to campus on Tuesday, January 19. (We have a week of exams to complete 1st semester.)
3. Covid-19 Protocols can be found in our online Student Handbook and should be reviewed. This is particularly important since we have had a spike in cases across the country during the last two weeks.
- Masks are required while on campus, particularly indoors and while students are passing between classes. Masks should cover the nose and mouth, and fit snugly.
- Maintaining the appropriate physical distance is particularly important as we return to school after many individuals may have been exposed to family members or other people they do not see on a regular basis.
- Remember to wash hands frequently and use hand sanitizer often.
Parents, Please spend some time talking with your students about the importance of maintaining a safe physical distance from their peers. During the course of the first semester students have become increasingly more comfortable with being back at school. This has coincided with them becoming less diligent about the physical distance they maintain.
The Rodgers Community has been very forthright, conscientious, and has been choosing to err on the side of caution during the pandemic. Many of you have contacted us to let us know your student was exposed to someone who tested positive for Covid-19 and chose to keep them home out of respect for others' families. We appreciate you and will continue to work with you whenever students need to temporarily shift to e-Learning.
Let's have a great 2021!
E-Learning Transition Date - E-learners return to Rodgers MMS (Brick and Mortar) or to Hillsborough Virtual School on January 19, 2021, the beginning of 2nd Semester. Until then, e-learners continue to participate in classes as they did earlier during 1st Semester.
Got Your Flu Shot Yet? - HCPS has teamed with the Florida Department of Health-Hillsborough to offer flu shots with NO out-of-pocket expenses for our students and families. Pre-registered appointments ONLY. See HCPS website for more information.
Help Us Plan for 2nd Semester - If your child is an e-learner, please help us plan for next semester, beginning January 19, 2021, by completing this survey. This is not a statement of intent.
Deputy's Pantry - Rodgers' Deputy Heaverin has established a food pantry to help our students and their families during these difficult times. READ about the pantry in the Osprey Observer. Would you like to contribute? Click HERE for the complete Wish List. Click HERE for Rodgers' Wish List on Amazon.
Expectations for Student Behavior - Expectations are the same, whether student is in class on-site or in class on eLearning. Students should be on time, focused and engaged in the class discussion, and complete assignments as requested. Students may not distrupt or hinder the learning of their classmates during on-site class or Elearning.
Electronic Device Returns or Check Out
All 8th Grade Students and 6th Grade Students Last Names J - Z
- Email: Isidoros.Passalaris@sdhc.k12.fl.us
All 7th Grade Students and 6th Grade Students Last Names A - I
- Email: Meredith.Scribner@sdhc.k12.fl.us