Join Award-winning Hillsborough County Public Schools
Things have changed in our world because of the Coronavirus, but our need to hire great teachers has not! Our size gives us strength and stability. We have a wide array of school options at every level. We want to find a place for you.
We are actively hiring teachers now for the 2020-2021 school year. View hiring events.
Find out why teaching in Tampa is right for you:
- Starting salaries competitive with every major city in the Southeast
- Best school district in the nation for new employees, according to Forbes’ 2019 list of best workplaces for new college graduates
- Winner of the 2019 CUBE (Council of Urban Boards of Education) Award for Urban School Board Excellence
- Top-notch benefits (for eligible positions) including medical, basic life insurance and participation in the Florida Retirement System
- Teaching incentives of up to $15,000 are available for teaching at our highest-needs schools
- As the USA’s seventh-largest district with 230-plus schools and more than 215,000 students, you can teach in urban, rural and suburban areas
- Professional development and training included at no cost
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Mentors available for all teachers
To be sensitive to the current Coronavirus pandemic, we will be hosting a variety of virtual events where you may use your computer, smartphone, or other device to chat with a recruitment specialist. Please continue to check this page for updates.
Want to become a teacher or an instructional staff member in Hillsborough Schools? Chat with a recruiter to learn more!
July 22, 2020 cancelled
Senator Janet Cruz Job Fair
All hiring events are tentatively scheduled. Individual events may be cancelled and/or postponed based on school hiring needs.
Most events are by invitation only. District personnel will provide opportunities for different groups of applicants (ie: interns or out-of-state) to be interviewed and possibly hired for instructional positions. Be sure to click individual dates to learn more about the event and to register.
Fill out the Statement of Interest, and we will keep you posted.
New Teacher Academy for Newly Hired Instructional Personnel
All teachers new to education and/or new to our district are expected to attend New Teacher Academy. Trainings will occur via Zoom. Please use the links below for more information and to register to attend.
New teacher Academy Pedagogy Training (NTA-P)
(4 courses with various sessions to select)
New Teacher Academy Content Area Training (NTA-CAT)
July 20-24, 2020 (course dates and times vary by subject/level)