PRINCIPAL / ADMINISTRATOR: Sherri Black
Phone: (813) 757-9353
Fax: (813) 707-7076
Student Hours: 7:40 AM to 1:55 PM
Uniforms: No Uniforms
Before School Program: Yes
After School Program: Yes
The original 1-1/4 acre school site was purchased by the county in 1879 and two additional parcels were purchased years later. Today the school is situated in the midst of approximately 13 acres. Many changes have taken place over the years at Cork. Cork was once a "Strawberry School", which means that school sessions were determined by the strawberry growing season. The original library which was built in 1912 was razed to make way for new construction in 1973. The current music room and multi-purpose room was once the lunchroom and the building which houses the majority of the classrooms was built in two stages; the first stage finishing in 1973 and the second in 1978. The original red brick building was completely renovated in 2000. Our newest addition, a 16 classroom building, was just completed in the summer of 2006.