Physical Education Content Assessments
There has been a shift at the national, state and local levels concerning how and what is taught in Physical Education. The Next Generation Sunshine State Standards are grade level specific and are a guide for rigorous instruction.
- Assessment is important in these content areas for the following reasons:
- Align curriculum content with the Next Generation Sunshine State Standards.
- Ensure that instruction is equitable and consistent for all students.
- Provide a developmentally appropriate progression of the content taught in Physical Education.
- Provide data that will assist teachers in developing instructional lessons that will better address student’s strengths and needs.
- Prepare students to more successfully address the rigors of the Elementary, Middle School, and Secondary Education curricula.
- Assist students in developing higher levels of competence, thus increasing the opportunity for students to experience success throughout their educational years and beyond.
- Ensure that students are college and career ready.
- Ensure that students develop 21st Century skills.