Choose the Right Program for You
If you like working with your hands, being creative, solving problems, or seeing the results of your labor you may want to consider a field in a skilled-trade such as; construction, electricity, industrial machinery maintenance repair, or a variety of other industry sectors.
It takes all kinds of skills and talents to keep our economy moving. In today’s competitive job market, it’s smart to be sure you have the right training for the type of career you want to pursue.
Apprenticeships are training programs that combine paid, supervised, on-the-job learning experience with related academic instruction. Apprenticeships are designed to provide individuals with a specific advanced set of skills that meets the particular needs of employers.
According to the Office of Apprenticeships, more than 388,000 people are currently obtaining postsecondary education and career skills by participating in registered apprenticeship programs similar to ones offered by the Hillsborough Technical Colleges - HTC.
- Small learning environment with practical hands-on training
- Credentialed instructors with real-world experience
- Financial Aid available, for those who qualify
- Career workshops and student career planning available
- Commercial and Industrial Insulation
- Heavy Equipment Mechanic (Diesel)
- Plumbing Technology
- Sheet Metal Fabrication Technology
- Structural Steel Work (Iron Worker)
- Trowel Trades (Brick & Masonry)