Terminating your Home Education Program
To close your home education program you must submit a Letter of Termination to the home education office. The Letter of Termination must include the child’s legal name, the date of termination and your signature. Termination letters may be mailed to Hillsborough County Public Schools; Home Education Office; 2704 N. Highland Ave., Tampa, FL 33602.
After terminating your program you must re‐enroll your child or children in a public or private school if they are of compulsory school age.
STUDENTS ENTERING HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS FROM A HOME EDUCATION PROGRAM
Home Education parents or guardians who want to enroll their child(ren) full‐time in a public school should follow these steps:
- Identify the school the child is zoned to attend. If this is not known, call the Office of Pupil Administrative Services at (813) 272‐4096. (State your address, the grade level of the child and you will be given the name of the school.) You can also visit the School Locator page.
- Call the school to obtain a date and time to register.
- Take the following materials to the school:
- A portfolio of the student's work for each subject that has been taught while in home education.
- The student's last home education annual evaluation.
- A transcript of courses (high school only) taken at other schools or in other programs.
- Complete the enrollment process at the school site.
THE SCHOOL DETERMINES THE GRADE IN WHICH A STUDENT IS PLACED.