By law, all parents who are enrolled in home education must submit an annual evaluation for each child, even if they plan to re‐enroll their child in a public or private school for the following school year. The requirement may be met by submitting one of the following:
- A written evaluation performed by a teacher with a valid Florida Professional Certificate.
- Transcript from Hillsborough Virtual K-12 or FLVS showing successful completion of a full year of English/Language Arts and Math.
- The results of a nationally normed achievement test administered by a teacher with a valid Florida Professional Certificate.
- The results of a state student assessment test used by the school district. (These scores, whether unsatisfactory or satisfactory, are automatically sent to the Home
- Education Office for the annual evaluation.)
- The results of an evaluation by a psychologist with a valid active Florida license.
- For high school students completing the junior or senior year, an official score report from the SAT or ACT may be submitted. The test results must reflect a spring testing date.