• Parents: General
    Which school is my student assigned to?
    In order to determine a students assignment, please access our School Locator application located on the GIS/Maps section of the website or at or search “go maps” on the District’s main webpage.

    If my student is proposed to be reassigned with an attendance boundary change, can they be “grandfathered” to remain at their currently assigned school? If I have multiple students at the same school, will they all be permitted to stay or will they be required to attend their newly assigned school?
    Grandfathering is determined at the time the attendance boundary proposal is adopted by the School Board. Generally, students at the final grade for each school level are allowed to remain without transportation. Example: 5th grade student in Elementary.

    Is there an option available if I do not want my child to attend the school they are currently assigned to?
    You may explore choice options for your student with the Office of Student Planning and Placement at (813) 272-4692.

    Parents: Proposed Attendance Boundary Changes
    How was this proposal generated?
    District staff reviews current student enrollment, future projected enrollment (new residential developments), and school capacities to generate scenarios. These scenarios use future growth projections to assist in preventing overcrowding at schools. Then, the scenarios are reviewed by our district’s internal stakeholder group consisting of various district departments including Transportation, Growth Management, IT, Choice, Human Resources, area superintendents and principals affected by the scenarios. Then, senior staff reviews to make the final determination on the scenario(s) moving forward for public input.

    When is a proposal final?
    Attendance boundary changes are final upon School Board approval.

    Will transportation be provided if my student is reassigned?
    It depends on the location of your student’s home. If your address is within two (2) miles of the school and the walking route is deemed non-hazardous, transportation will not be provided. Otherwise, transportation is offered to assigned students.

    Will ESE services be provided?
    General ESE services are provided at every school. However, if your student has specialized needs, please contact the Exceptional Student Education Department at (813) 273-7025.

    Will HOST be provided?
    Nearly all our schools offer HOST (Hillsborough Out-of-School Time) or similar services. What is offered at each school does vary. Please review the specific information on the school’s website.

    Are there other Choice options? What is the Choice process?
    Yes, please visit the Choice website for more information at

    Why can’t our district build an addition to ease overcrowding?
    State law requires our district to be good stewards of funding from impact fees and local taxes. Therefore, we must use available capacity at other schools rather than expend our limited resources on new capacity. If we do not use existing available capacity, our district can be sanctioned by the state.

    Will current Choice students be allowed to stay?

    Will current electives carry over to the new school?
    Electives and programs are organized on a school-by-school basis, so please confirm offerings with the principal of your newly assigned school.