Office ProPlus Benefits for HCPS Staff
Hillsborough County Public Schools (HCPS) is excited to announce the Microsoft Office 365 ProPlus Benefits program. Faculty and Staff are now able to download and install Microsoft Office ProPlus desktop applications on their personal devices for FREE as a result of our district enterprise agreement with Microsoft.
Who is eligible?
Any HCPS faculty or staff member.
What software can faculty and staff download?
Eligible faculty and staff are able to download and install the latest version of Office on up to five (5) personal PC’s or Macs and on other mobile devices, including Windows tablets and iPad. These applications include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Skype for Business, OneNote*, Access*, and Publisher*. These are the same versions of the software that are available for purchase.
*Publisher and Access are available on PC’s only. OneNote is available for download for other platforms.
Download and Installation Instructions
- Verify the computer has an active internet connection and is running Windows 7 (or higher) or Apple OS 10.5.8 (or higher).
- Navigate to http://o365.sdhc.k12.fl.us
- Enter your user name in the format of email@example.com (where 999999 is your Employee ID#) in the account field and enter your associated password.
- You are now logged in to Office 365, which provides access to download and install Microsoft Office software.
Depending on your login, you may see an option to:
"Install the latest version of Office" with an “Install now” button to begin the installation automatically.
You may have to access the software installation screen from the settings icon in the top right corner of your screen and selecting Office 365 settings. From the Office 365 settings screen, click Software and select the appropriate choices to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, you will be able to start the Office applications just as you start other installed applications on your device.
- If you want to deactivate the software from a PC that is no longer working or in use, there is a “Deactivate” button available on the Office 365 website where you initiated the installation. For Mac, iPad, iPhone and Android phones, follow the instructions on the device to uninstall the application.
What happens when a faculty or staff member leaves HCPS?
Once a faculty or staff member has left the district, their Microsoft Office ProPlus subscription will end.
This entitlement provides access to the commercially available Microsoft software products. As such, the district’s content filters and Internet security services are not associated with your home computers or personal devices.
Please note that Hillsborough County Public Schools is providing the latest version of Microsoft Office. At this time the version provided is Office 2016 for Windows computers. When you are at home, the software you install on your Windows computer will automatically update to the latest version. If you are using a Mac at home the current version is Office for Mac 2016.
For questions about the download and installation process, please call (813) 744-6673 between 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM on Monday to Friday.